Tuesday 17 May 2011

That's it...

...no not quite.
Yesterday was final crit, the moment 8 year's of work (for me anyway) boiled down to. Standing in front of the University of Greenwich/Hadlow College's equivalent of the Dragon's Den panel presenting our masterplan design and development for our chosen park.  Some did well, some not so well, but we all had fair and balanced feedback from our assessors/tutors so we can't ask for more than that.  We now have 2 more weeks to improve and present to the external assessors but for now we are finished with the University's tutoring and assessment.


I must pay tribute to all of the tutors who have taught us over the last three years and thank them for guiding me and shaping me into what I have become, now I understand.  I may not have seen eye to eye with them at all times but my respect for them grew continually and they are the best anyone who wishes to become a Garden Designer could hope for and so I thank them enormously for the help and guidance they have given me to get me to where I am now.


We've had a lot of ups and downs over the last 3 years and I want to thank all the other students but especially my little gang in Garden Design Year 3 (and the ladies at Willmott Ford in particular) for their help and support during this time, for the moments of darkness when you wonder if it is all worth it, but they have been there for me when I was at my lowest and gave me the confidence and energy to carry on.  Your friendship and support has carried me through what has been a great time and now it is sad to think that yesterday was the last time we wiill be together in that situation.  I hope we will remain close for the years to come and my life will be a little emptier now we have finished.

1 comment:

  1. where's my hankie?

    Lovely comments Chilli, - how lucky we have been to be able to experience this - I will miss it too and am proud of us all. If I think back to our first day and the sorry little group of mis-matched people sitting around the table, trying to make conversation. Now we won't shut up!

    I've really enjoyed meeting with the architects this year too and only wish we'd talked to them a bit more in the first and second years.

    Well it's not quite over yet Neil. Sharpen up those lovely coloured pencils and get rendering your 1:50 sections.

    ReplyDelete