Monday 23 May 2011

A Bit of an Struggle

Last week's presentation, avec modele...
...sans modèle 

After being assessed last week and then told to go away for two weeks to try an improve is turning out to be harder than I thought.  Not to say my work doesn't need improvement, there are plenty of things that need to be done, but its finding the energy and the enthusiasm for one more push.
We've been told that we can improve our grades over the next two weeks (now one week) but the irony is that I spend the next week slogging away only for my grade to remain the same.  I spent the weekend and much of last week doing technical details, all the bits that most people won't even look at and none of which I will bore you with here, and now I need to tweak some of the coloured bits.
I'm exhausted and I need to lay in a darkened room for a week.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I put it all into getting prepped for final crit and it exhausted me. Energy levels have been so low this past week. We've got one week left. We can do it! The final sprint to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neil,
    Just think, you have one chance to do this right, its another 6days and then its over, everyone else is catching up, should be a fantastic show, there is no reason to miss out. All your work is and will be looked at, by me (especially the details), the externals, the public, potential clients and your family. Its not often you get a chance to take up so much wall space without renting a gallery! and imposing your work and ideas on the unsuspecting. Focus and turn it into not just good but special, there has got to be some positive talent in that crash hat somewhere??

    ReplyDelete