Thursday 31 March 2011

Model Making

Here is a photo of my supposedly finished 1:200 plan of Calverley Grounds but guess what?  Yep, not finished, needs attention, rendering (if I hear that word one more time...) needs to be better, etc, etc, etc...
So, I thought I'd make my model, you know the one I should have finished 2 weeks ago, alas time caught up with me, too busy keeping Crayola in business.  I got some new tracing paper the other week, it came in enough cardboard to refloat the Mary Rose, so I decided I would use that.
My kitchen has the largest amount of flat space so it has become the model making workshop for Tunbridge Wells Council's new design of a much loved park.
OK then, just another mess on a student's floor!  And worktops.  And draining board!
Its amazing what comes in handy, pegs for holding gluey things together, saw to use as a straight edge when cutting, Stanley knife in case it all becomes a bit too much...
...Actually I'm past all that now.  I was grumpy for a while, now I couldn't give a stuff.  After Monday's performance I shall do my best and just laugh when I get criticised and I have to redo it again.  I drove home on Monday evening full of the joys of spring, as though a weight had been lifted off my shoulders because I can't change the way I draw in the next 2 months and now I have come to that conclusion I shall continue merrily on my way until the finish!
By the way, I had a visitor today, someone who was our client for Client & Process last year and he could see the improvement and was quite impressed.  So, next time you're feeling down just remember we are trying to impress the judges for the next 2 months then after that, I'm sure that when you see your first client out in the big bad world, they won't fail to be impressed.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very detailed!

    The saw looks worrying around those kitchen cabinets, though needs must, wanting to see some of that green on the model.

    Keep going!

    ReplyDelete