Wednesday 12 September 2012

Terrace Design

One of my designs has finally been built!  Those nice people at Outdoor Creations asked me to accompany them to a client near Brands Hatch to see if I had any suggestions for a terraced area to the rear of a rather nice property in the country. 
So, I had a ponder and decided that there should be room for entertaining with enough room to walk around and there should also be enclosure from the planting.  I wanted to use a dark coloured stone and luckily the client decided to go for a dark granite inlaid with some hardwood timber.  I drew up two versions and sent them off and the client decided to go with the second option without the raised planters.

The original plan with dining area and seating area with raised planters

The revised plan without seating area and ground level planting 

Outdoor Creations doing their thing, creating...outdoors

So, before...
...still before...
...and still before...
...and now, all shiny and new.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations PC on the fruition of your design. May it be the first of many partnerships and build designs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mari, let's hope so. Who knows, may be my first and last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Neil! Be positive, it just takes a while to get established.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, its nice to know you're all still looking, I thought it was just me and a few people from overseas looking for recipes for chilli con carne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Niel, interesting, timber idea....

    3 days to go.......really hating the last project so bored,,,

    Keep up the good work!

    Grant

    ReplyDelete