Thursday 14 April 2011

New Pencils


Ah holidays!  Days spent lounging in the sun, tending one's prize blooms whilst soaking up the atmosphere of beautiful early spring days, the evenings getting longer...
Yeah right!  Days spent sitting in the dark in front of a computer more like!  I've finally done what I was told to do (for once) and invested in some lovely new pencils.  Caran D'ache Prismalos don't you know.  Very posh.  I'll be sitting in my smock in the middle of a field with my etchings before long.  Maybe not, but at least I won't be able to blame my tools any longer, any failings will definitely be on my part.
Anyway, I have rendered over my sponge water colour trees with my funky new pencils and I have spent the best part of 8 hours putting into Photoshop scaling and rescaling, sizing and resizing, and generally faffing about trying to make it look half decent because I won't be revisiting these ever again, do you hear me?  This is it, final, last time, never to be repeated, I'll take whatever I'm given!
And my drawing hand hurts and keeps going numb cos I took a whack when playing hockey on Sunday, and you think you've got problems...

1 comment:

  1. I like how you presented your pencil swatch varying from light to dark rendering and without outlines too. Excellent to see a comparative results with the same colour swatch. Pretty sharp!

    ReplyDelete