Friday 11 February 2011

Tired

Most of the others are in Lille at the moment and reading Alick's blog, it looks like hard work and long days.  This was supposed to be a time for those of us who didn't go to press on and get ahead so we will be ready to do our extra 1:50 when it comes along.
I've hit a brick wall.
I feel like I'm doing a nightshift.  I started at 7pm (ie. October) looking forward to what was to come, got tired around midnight (Christmas) and needed a lunch break.  Unfortunately on this course you don't get the proverbial lunch break, you work straight through Christmas and so here I am at 2 am (February) and I'm flagging.  Any thoughts of design have gone and I've spent the last couple of days just staring into space hoping that I will be able to get going again.
I've come close to thinking whether I need the hassle of all this and whether I should just bin it.  But I guess I've invested too much time, money and effort into it so I might as well carry on.  I feel as though I'm on an upswing today so I just need to hope that the dark days don't come back for a while because if they do, and its near a deadline day, I could be in trouble... 

3 comments:

  1. It's easy to say but don't give up Neil.

    I fully empathise, what this programme really needs is a clear one week break in January for people to draw breath and catch up on life, sleep, cleaning up or whatever.

    The inspiration (and motivation) will return but maybe you need to take an afternoon or even a day to do something either completely different or to visit somewhere which will challenge or provoke you. Again, very easy to suggest and easy to dismiss when time is precious but it's worth a thought ...

    Also, your work's really good so continue to believe in it! Just four months left to go ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. neil!!!!!!!!!! what's happening?!!!!!!!!!!!

    You need a kick-up the back-side, clearly.

    Wearing my steel toe-caps tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil , use that natural stubbornness to your advantage, give up now 8 years wasted and a life time of regret.

    We are all masters of our own destiny, you only get out what you put in, so 3 months of lack of sleep is a piece of piss for what we will get out of this...think Neil Brookson Ba(hons) king of the WORLD!!

    This is our chance mate, not on a plate, but a chance to tell the world that we have value.

    And any way who could i talk to about risky chauvinist things with?

    ReplyDelete