Saturday 15 January 2011

Calverley Grounds Masterplan

 Masterplan
 1:100 Section Elevations
 1:50 Section Elevations
Sequential Sketches

After weeks of work, and lack of sleep, I've finally finished my masterplan and related drawings for Calverley Grounds in Tunbridge Wells.  I looked through the examples of rendering techniques that Jamie our tutor had sent us and was pleased to see that there were a few examples which were scratchy and heavy.  I was pleased to see this as it is clearly the style I have. 
A trip to Willmott Ford, Garden Designers of Distinction, a couple of weeks ago helped me with a quick confidence boost and a swift kick up the arse.  Also, yesterday we had a day in the company of Andrew Wilson, top designer and all round good egg, and he said that their style of rendering was with watercolour pencils and pastels.  I remembered I, or rather my children, had some water colour pencils given to them as a present and Miss Willmott had given me some pastels the other day.
So, armed with knowledge, equipment and confidence I began rendering after about 3 hours of putting it off.  And the results are there to be seen.  I am very pleased with them, I think looking at the final photos of previous Year 3 students work isn't always beneficial as different people use different techniques, and computer work looks fab, but some of us are a bit old fashioned and prefer hand drawn and rendered!

No comments:

Post a Comment