Thursday 14 July 2011

I was asked last week by a friend if I would take a look at the border in her front garden with a view to removing it and put something else there.  She wanted it to be much cleaner looking and low maintenance and asked if I could clear the 3 rose bushes and put in a contoured edging with the gravel continuing up to the edging and to use a blue chipping on her neighbour's side.



It was a shame to clear what were clearly old roses but it had to be done!  Then the soil had to be removed.  What was it our tutors told us about soil doubling in size when its removed? My poor little Polo, I had to keep thinking "right that must be about the same weight as 3 people" so I didn't over load it.

Then I put in the edging, thanks to some handy hints from Felix Fat Funk on what to lay the edges in, thanks Grant, I'll be picking your brains again soon I'm sure.



And finally Esther, the gravel was topped up with 20mm gravel to continue from the rest of the garden, and green granite chippings were added to the neighbours side to match those in the rear garden and to pick up on the colours in the block paving.  


Now I need a rest, too much physical work, I'm a designer darling, I shouldn't be lifting and carrying building materials...

1 comment:

  1. Well done Neil, or should i say 'muscles Brookson'. Looking good, nice and straight.

    I was going to ask whether you fancied selling the Polo, changed my mind now!

    Saw Whits Garden at Kent Show (see blog) Bloody brilliant, but you would expect Top Gold ( as in best in show, ie the same as Mandy's Garden).

    See you Monday, silly attire and all!

    ReplyDelete