Tuesday 14 December 2010

Square Peg in a Round Hole

Yesterday was decision day.  We had to present our three A1 sketch designs for Calverley Grounds in Tunbridge Wells to Jamie, Julia and Paula.  Nerve-racking doesn't even come close to describing it!  I had spent most of the weekend preparing my work, which I was satisfied with, but when they are put on the wall there are always someone else with a design when you think "ah yes, I could have done mine like that..." (Alick, Adele, Sue...).  
So Jamie wanted someone to go first, so I volunteered, better to get it out of the way I thought, did anyone hear the quivering in my voice?  The tutors are lined up, front row centre, along with over twenty other pairs of eyes all wanting you to explain why you did it this way, why you didn't do it that way!  So I picked the design I wanted to go for much to Julia and everyone else's surprise, square pegs in round holes are the best way to describe it. 
So now I am stuck with it, too late to change.  Have I picked the right one?  Probably not, but we shall see.  Tune in next June to see if I managed to hammer my square peg into the round hole, or if it just becomes one big mess.  I will put the sketch designs on here if I ever learn to work an A1 scanner.  
We shall become intimately acquainted, my design and I, over the next six months, too late to bail out but it feels like I am standing at the bottom of Everest, all I can see is a huge mountain in front of me but I guess a journey starts with one small step...

1 comment:

  1. You sounded as bold as brass to me!!

    Thats my mantra at the moment, 'Its a journey.'

    ReplyDelete